Moroccan Spice Brown Rice
Yields: 20 Servings | Serving Size: 102.03 grams
Calories 73.33, Fat 1.59g, Saturated Fat 0.28g, Cholesterol 0.0mg, Carbohydrates 12.79g, Dietary Fiber 2.12g, Total Sugars 2.14g, Protein 2.24g, Sodium 104.27mg
- 4 cup organic brown rice, cooked from frozen
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, Classico
- 1/2 cup fresh red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen red, yellow, and green bell peppers (Melange a Trois), strips
- 3/4 cup fresh scallions, tops and bulbs, chopped
- 1 cup summer yellow squash
- 1 cup fresh baby zucchini
- 3 tbsp. dried sweetened cranberries (Craisins)
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp. Moroccan Spice Rub (recipe included in directions)
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt, coarse
- 1 3/4 cup garbanzo beans, canned, drained, and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 tsp. fresh spearmint
Cook rice following the package instructions.
In a hot skillet add olive oil and sauté the peppers, squash and scallions.
Add the cranberries, rosemary, salt and the Moroccan spice followed by the chicken broth.
Bring to a rapid simmer and reduce it by half, then add the garbanzos and fold in the spinach.
Bring to temperature and fold in the mint.