Mediterranean Farro Salad
Yields: 8 Servings | Serving Size: 208.76 grams
Calories 166.99, Fat 5.64g, Saturated Fat 1.51g, Cholesterol 3.75mg, Carbohydrates 23.98g, Dietary Fiber 3.34g, Total Sugars 4.26g, Protein 6.48g, Sodium 300.91mg
- 3 cup organic low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup farro, dry
- 1 fresh English cucumber
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 oz. feta cheese
- 2/3 cup fresh red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned black olives, sliced and drained
- 1 1/2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, Tuscan, unrefined
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. Kosher salt, coarse
- 2/3 cup fresh red bell pepper, chopped
To Make the Salad:
Stir together stock and farro in a medium saucepan, and cook according to package instructions until al dente.
Remove from heat, and drain off any extra stock once the farro is cooked. Let farro cool for at least 10 minutes.
Transfer farro to a large mixing bowl, and add in remaining ingredients, including the vinaigrette.
Toss until combined. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
To Make the Greek Vinaigrette:
Whisk all ingredients together until combined. Use immediately.